Recipe for an exotic fruit dessert
We present our second summer dish for the month of August – an exotic fruits entremet exclusively created by our chef-instructors with the help of the unique products provided by our partners of Farm Green to go. Stylish, original and with authentic flavour, this creative base comprises mango, pineapple, and basil, married perfectly with ginger biscuit, which provides its rich fragrance, and unique, harmonized flavour.
You can see the full recipe:
Mango mousse in kg:
• 1.5 Cream 30%
• 0.2 Powdered sugar
• 0.015 SOSA vanilla paste
• 0.4 SOSA mango paste
• 0.001 Sol
• 0.025 Silver gelatin SOSA
• 0.001 Aroma mango SOSA
• 0.001 Natural powdered fat-soluble paint color yellow SOSA
- Place 1.35 kg of the cream, vanilla, powdered sugar, mango flavoring, salt in a mixer and beat until a cream with a soft top is formed.
- In the casserole, add 0.15 of the cream, dye and gelatin sheets, which we have previously soaked in cold water for 30 minutes. Then we heat to 50-60 degrees and stir to melt the gelatin and the dye dissolves.
- Add the mango paste to the whipped cream and mix with a silicone spatula and swirling movements until the mixture becomes homogeneous. Then add the cream with the dissolved gelatin and mix again until fully incorporated.
- We put the mousse in a posh and fill the selected forms, then freeze in a shock cooler so that we can take them out. After shock cooling, store in a refrigerator.
Ginger biscuits in kg:
• 0.560 Type 500 flour
• 0.4 Powdered sugar
• 0.23 Oil
• 0.002 Sol
• 0.1 Eggs
• 0.015 Ginger powder
- Place the butter and sugar in a mixer and mix for 3 minutes until well incorporated.
- Add the eggs (at room temperature) and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until a homogeneous dough is obtained, cover with plastic wrap and leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Using two sheets of baking paper and a rolling pin, roll out the dough to 4 mm thick, then cut into the desired shape, place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Arrange the cut biscuits on a silicone mat, then bake in a heated oven at 1600 C for 15 minutes!
Basil oil in kg:
• 0.4 Grape seed oil
• 0.022 Glycemul SOSA
• 0.2 kg Basil Farm Green to go
- Blanch the basil and mash with 0.250 kg of the olive oil, then leave it to strain in the refrigerator in a coffee strainer.
- Heat the remaining 0.150 kg of the oil in a bain-marie to 600 C and add glycemula. We stir until it is completely melted.
- In a bowl, immediately after melting the glycemula, add the green aromatic oil and stir until the two oils are incorporated, then leave it in the refrigerator to set.
Pineapple Grilled and Chips:
• 1 pineapple
• 0.03 kg of powdered sugar
- Cut the pineapple by first cutting the skin, then cut it into 4 and remove the core.
- From both quarters, we make thin slices 1 mm thick, arrange them on dehydrator trays and dry it at 570 for 12 hours.
- Cut the other two quarters into 3 mm thick slices. Mix with powdered sugar and seal on the barbecue on each side.
For garnish, fresh basil leaves Farm Green to go!